Who are we?
Created in 1989, Boonah and District Landcare is a not-for-profit community group staffed by volunteers. We are committed to helping people in our region learn and do as much as possible to take care of the land sustainably.
Where are we?
Located on Ugarapul or Yuggera country, the Scenic Rim is a rural region in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range, surrounded by World Heritage-listed national parks. With a population of more than 40,000, the Scenic Rim region covers 4254 km2 and is located an hour south of Brisbane and an hour inland from the Gold Coast. Boonah is a town and locality which, in the 2016 census, had a population of about 2,500.
What do we do?
- Boonah and District Landcare (BaDL) organises and co-hosts volunteer-based and grant-funded projects on a diverse (and growing!) range of topics that include cultural burning, tree planting, nest boxes, soil health, ground cover, community resilience, floating wetlands, regenerative land management and more.
- Our activities include workshops, seminars, field days, guest speakers, working bees, hands-on learning events, volunteering and social gatherings.
- We encourage people in our community to learn about and implement strategies that protect natural resources and promote sustainable land management practices.
- We connect, learn, laugh and have fun!
- View our Projects, Events and Blog and get in touch to find out more!
Our active Management Committee comprises President and Assistant President, Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer, Secretary and Assistant Secretary and Communications Officer. We meet at least monthly, face-to-face or via Zoom.
- $10 annually per person
- Membership form
Annual General Meetings are held on the second Tuesday in March at the Band Hall, Boonah.
Ordinary Meetings are held at the Band Hall in Boonah on the second Tuesday of alternate months: January, March, May, July, September and November. Throughout the year, we also meet for field days, workshops or other hands-on and/or social events. All meetings and events are advertised on Eventbrite.
Volunteering with BaDL
BaDL is registered with Services Australia as a Voluntary Work Organisation. This means we can provide voluntary work opportunities for eligible job seekers. Contact Centrelink to find out whether you are eligible. Contact us to find out more about volunteering opportunities.
Legal Status & Rules
Boonah and District Landcare (BaDL) is an Incorporated Association, IA 08094
ABN: 30 893 490 494
BaDL is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC)
BaDL is a registered Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
- Current Audited Financial Report
- Conflict of Interest register